Sunday, April 2, 2023

Congestive Heart Failure: It’s Official.

As the headline indicates it is now official.

I am now suffering from congestive heart failure.

I always suspected that I had something like it as I have done hospital time because of blockages in my heart. I don’t know why this was not placed on any other paperwork, but it really doesn’t matter.

Genetically, I can’t really avoid this because my father succumb to it 21 years ago.  Since I’ve had body parts removed since I was 40, I thought I may have dodged the worst of it. That’s not the case obviously.

I don’t know what’s ahead.

I’m told that once you get this diagnosis, open heart, surgery is possible, but only after your heart is strong enough to take it. Apparently, mine is not. They told me that I have three blockages in the major vessels of my heart.  I’ve known that for two years now.

I don’t remember if my father had any procedures done when he was diagnosed with heart failure he had three heart attacks, two of which he survived.  My doctors cannot come to a full consensus of whether I’ve had one or not.  my heart problems have not manifested with chest pain. It’s been shortness of breath with me. 

Having taken numerous CPR classes over the years, I know what the indicators are that one is supposed to look at when making the determination they might be having a heart attack. Shortness of breath has been my only symptom. No chest pain, no sweating, no dizziness, nothing like that.

What’s bad about it is obvious medically, but it’s not helping my current situation, which is very complex at this point.  But that’s another entry.

It’s been a number of months and I haven’t updated this blog so I decided to go this direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment